The way your child's teeth grow will impact their smiles as adults, so it's important to ensure that he or she is getting proper dental care at a young age. Upper East Smiles is a dentist office located in New York, NY and offers a variety of services for patients, including pediatric dentistry. They are committed to providing young people with caring and thorough dental care. Learn how you can care for your little one's smile with the help of the team at Upper East Smiles.
About the New York, NY Pediatric Dentistry Office
The branch of dentistry that's focused on helping toddlers, pre-teens and teens
Caring for Your Little One's Smile at the Upper East Side Pediatric Dentist
Daily brushing and flossing is a must for children because they like to eat foods and snacks that aren't good for their dental health—that includes candy, gum, taffies and sugary cereals. Sugar is a major problem because it feeds bad bacteria that causes cavities and tooth decay. Here are a few tips that will keep your child's teeth healthy:
- Buy your child a fun toothbrush and paste that will encourage him or her to brush the full two minutes suggested by the American Dental Association.
- Floss and brush along with your child to show how it's done properly.
- Make healthy snacking a new habit—provide your child with easy-to-eat fruits as a candy alternative.
- Talk to your Upper East Side pediatric dentist about fluoride treatments and sealants to prevent cavities.
- A child should go to the dentist for the first time by his or her first birthday.
Regular Dental Visits
Another important part of caring for your child's smile is getting well-acquainted with your New York, NY pediatric dentist. The more comfortable your child is at the dentist's office, the more likely he or she will want to go to the dentist regularly—even as an adult. Call Upper East Smiles at (646) 864-1808 today to schedule an appointment.