Junginn (Jessie) Choi, DDS, MS
Orthodontist in Upper East Side, NY
Upper East Smiles
- B.S., Magna cum laude, Duke University
- D.D.S., Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- M.S. and Certificate in Orthodontics, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- North East Regional Board
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Dental Medicine at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
Dr. Junginn (Jessie) Choi is a Board Certified Orthodontist (Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics) specializing in diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental malocclusion and jaw alignment. An orthodontist is a specialist who undergoes additional training and education in the specific residency program, i.e. orthodontics, after graduating from dental school. Dr. Choi is familiar with various orthodontic techniques, including phase I treatment (e.g. expanders, space maintainers), traditional system, self-ligating system (e.g. Damon), and Invisalign treatment. She focuses on providing high quality of treatment and personalized care to each patient.
Dr. Choi attended Duke University in Durham, NC where she received the Bachelor of Science degree with major in Biological Anthropology and Anatomy and minor in Chemistry. She, then, pursued her professional career in dentistry at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine in New York, NY where she received the degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery. Upon graduation, she went straight onto the 3-year orthodontics residency program at the same institution, Columbia University, after which she obtained the Master of Science degree. Upon the completion of the residency, she has been working as an associate orthodontist at private offices in New Jersey.
Throughout her career, Dr. Choi’s main focus has been to be a competent dentist and to bring beautiful smiles to people. She feels fortunate to work in a profession in which she can witness how a transformation in one’s smile has a positive effect to her/his confidence and quality of life.
Dr. Choi currently resides in New York City. During her free time, she enjoys doing outdoor activities. She can be found running in Central Park, snowboarding, biking, or hiking. She also loves to cook and to try countless restaurants the city offers.