Hyun Oh (Brian) Chung, DDS, MS
General and Cosmetic Dentist in Upper East Side, NY
Upper East Smiles
- M.S. University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate in Periodontics, University of Pennsylvania
- D.D.S. Columbia University, College of Dental Medicine
- B.S.E. Duke University, Pratt School of Engineering
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- North East Regional Board (NERB)
- Northeastern Society of Periodontists
- American Board of Periodontology
- New York State Dental Association
- New York County Dental Society
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Dental Medicine at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Hyun Oh (Brian) Chung is a Board Certified Periodontist (Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology) specializing in periodontal diseases and treatments of dental implants.
Dr. Chung attended Duke University in Durham, N.C where he received his Bachelor of Science in Engineering with dual majors in Biomedical and Electrical Engineering. He pursued his professional career in dentistry at Columbia University in New York, NY where he received a degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery. Upon graduation, Dr. Chung moved to Philadelphia, P.A. where he completed a three year specialty training in Periodontics and also obtained a Master of Science in Oral Biology degree at the University of Pennsylvania. Upon completion of his specialty training, Dr. Chung moved back to New York City and began practicing as a periodontist in greater New York area while teaching at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, where he currently holds his academic title of Assistant Clinical Professor.
Dr. Chung has received his education and training from some of the world’s top, well-renowned universities. It is his unique and exceptional education and training from Duke University, Columbia University and University of Pennsylvania that has led him to excel at providing comprehensive care, using interdisciplinary approach in the field of dentistry. Throughout his career, his main focus has been to improve communication and collaboration among different specialists in dentistry and in medicine. In his efforts to provide comprehensive care to his patients, Dr. Chung has decided to start his own multi-specialty dental practice here at Upper East Smiles where different team members can effectively discuss and treat each patient with best possible treatment modalities.
Dr. Chung is a member of a number of professional organizations including the American Dental Association, American Academy of Periodontology, American Board of Periodontology, Northeastern Society of Periodontists, New York State Dental Association and New York County Dental Society. Dr. Chung is Board Certified in Periodontology by the American Board of Periodontology (Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology) since 2013.