Frequently Asked Questions
What is unique about Upper East Smiles?
- Upper East Smiles is a practice with comprehensive, multi-specialty dental clinic with a strong belief in interdisciplinary approach.
What is a comprehensive care?
- Comprehensive care or interdisciplinary model of dentistry is to diagnose and treat patients’ dental problems by looking at the ‘entire picture’.
- To achieve the true comprehensive care for patients, it is often required to have different dental specialists to discuss each case and come up with the best treatment modalities, tailored for each patient’s need.
- Often times, dentists will need to consider different risk factors including but not limited to past dental history, past medical history, family history, and etc. requiring thorough communication with the patients and possibly with the patients’ physicians.
What are the ADA recognized dental specialists?
- Besides General Dentistry, there are nine ADA recognized dental specialties:
- Dental Public Health
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pediatric Dentistry
- For more information, please visit the following link: http://www.ada.org/en/educatio... - specialties/specialty-definitions
Which specialists are at Upper East Smiles?
- At Upper East Smiles, we have highly qualified and educated General Dentists, Pediatric Dentists, Orthodontics, Periodontists, Endodontists and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.