Posts for tag: Dental Crown
A dental crown from your dentists in the Upper East Side, NY, can restore your smile.
Did you know that dental crowns provide strength and protection for damaged teeth? Dental crowns can also improve the beauty of your teeth and your smile and can treat a variety of dental issues. The dentists at Upper East Smiles in the Upper East Side, NY, offer comprehensive general and specialty dental services, including dental crowns to keep your smile healthy.
There are several reasons you might need a dental crown. For example:
- If you have a tooth that is badly decayed, a dental crown can restore the strength of the tooth
- If you have a tooth that is badly broken, a dental crown can repair the tooth
- If you have a tooth that is badly worn down, a dental crown can restore function to the tooth
- If you have a tooth that has a damaged metal filling, a dental crown gives you a more natural-looking alternative
- If you have a tooth that has a damaged older crown, a new dental crown can match seamlessly with your smile
Modern dental crowns are typically made of porcelain, which looks just like natural tooth enamel because it is light reflective. It’s also stain-resistant, so your new dental crown will stay bright. A full porcelain crown is a perfect choice for front teeth and teeth that are visible when you smile.
For back teeth, you may need a bit more strength, because back teeth do most of the chewing. A porcelain-fused-to-metal crown is a great option for these teeth. These are known as PFM crowns, and they combine the beauty of porcelain with the strength of a metal foundation. If you want superb protection, combined with a beautiful, natural look, dental crowns are a great choice to make.
To learn more about when you might need a dental crown and how a dental crown can help your smile, call the dentists at Upper East Smiles in the Upper East Side, NY. You can reach them at (646) 864-1808 so call today!